In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Blazing 7 on 7 athletics/sports programs, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
- The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury (or illness) does exist;
- The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I (or my family members in attendance) could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease;
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THIRD PARTIES, and assume all full responsibility for participation of myself and my family members;
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official;
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns and personal representatives and next of kin, HEARBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Wesley Chapel Weddington Athletic Association (WCWAA), their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”) WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABIILTY, DEATH or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THIRD PARTIES OR OTHERWISE due to my, or my child’s participation in activities at the WCWAA facilities.
- I acknowledge and understand that a weak or compromised immune system (including, but not limited to, conditions like diabetes, asthma, COPD, cancer treatment, radiation, chemotherapy and any prior or current disease or medical condition), can put me, my child or anyone over whom I have authority and control, at greater risk for contracting COVID-19.
- I further acknowledge and agree that neither I nor my child participant, or any party over which I have authority and control, shall participate in any sport activity or attend any activities at the facilities under rental by Blazing 7 on 7 if I experience the following symptoms or conditions associated with COVID-19 , including but not limited to; fever or above normal temperature, experiencing shortness of breath or having trouble breathing, dry cough, runny nose, loss or reduction in smell or taste, sore throat, tested positive for COVID-19, been tested for COVID-19 and awaiting results, traveled outside of the United States by air or cruise ship in the 14 days prior to visiting or participating in WCWAA activities, or have traveled within the United States by air, bus or train within the 14 days prior to visiting or participating in Blazing 7 on 7 activities.
- I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING THE CHECKBOX BELOW, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ALL OTHER PARTIES OVERWHICH I HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT OR ON BEHALF OF THE YOUTH PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GUARDIAN ACCOUNT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY ADULT PARTICIPANT: By acknowledging and agreeing to the checkbox below, I agree and verify the following: 1) I consent and agree to assume the risks of participation in these programs; and 2) that I specifically agree to the release as provided herein any and all liabilities incident to my (and my attending family’s) involvement or participation in these programs EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THIRD PARTIES OVER WHOM THE WCWAA HAS NO CONTROL.
I also agree to share these requirements will additional members of my household and/or extended relatives or friends that may attend these events (players’ other parent, players’ siblings, players’ grandparents, etc.).
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY PARENTS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIANS OF YOUTH PARTICIPANTS: By acknowledging and agreeing to the checkbox below, I agree to and verify the following: 1) I am the parent or legal guardian for the youth participant associated with the guardian account, 2) that the date of birth of the youth participant associated with this guardian account is correct, 3) that as parent/legal guardian with legal responsibility for this youth participant, I consent and agree to assume the risks of his/her participation in these programs; and 4) that I specifically agree to his/her release as provided herein of all the Releases, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releases from any and all liabilities incident to this youth participant’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES OR OTHERWISE.
I further acknowledge that I have read the Notice above and understand and accept that there is an increased risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus while attending functions at the Park. I also acknowledge that I could contract the COVID-19 virus from sources unrelated to the Park and its operations and my visits to the Park.